0

My Empire of Dirt.

"I hurt myself today, to see if I still feel. I focus on the pain, the only thing thats real." -Johnny Cash - Hurt

Of course a cover, original done by Nine Inch Nails. I have to write to keep myself sane right now I guess. So many thoughts running through my head as I play this song over and over again.

When you think you understand everything, it's time for you to be shown you don't. Sometimes I am so quick to jump to my own conclusions on what is right, or how something should be handled. I can never be wrong in my own eyes can I? I always find a way to justify something to myself.

I greatly doubt my ability to change the world. What is the point? Where does God fit into it? I think I have it all figured out, what needs to happen, when, and why. I know best, right? Here comes life.

What have I become, my sweetest friend? Everyone I know, goes away in the end. And you could have it all, my empire of dirt. I will let you down, I will make you hurt.

0 comments: