0

For Frodo

I finally watched all of the Lord of the Rings movies, yes as in for the first time.

I can't help but wounder what it would have been like to act in this amazing set of movies. The cast would have to have been in character almost the entire time, and months before hand as well. Thus they became the characters.

So what happened to honor and fighting for country even in the face of sure loss, what happened to taking a risk with your life so that the rest of middle earth might have a slight chance? Well maybe not that last one. But my point is that no one stands for anything in the world today.

The amount of brotherhood the fellowship displays is almost tear jerking, to know they are there even in the face of death.. I will also admit that I did shead some tears in the very last part of the return of the king (third one).

I often placed myself in Frodo's position (people used to say I looked like him when my hair was shorter) and Dan Counterman in Sams (not just because they look alike lol). In almost every situation Sam helped Frodo out, doing anything for him, and I can honestly say that I know Dan would have done the same for me, and I just want to thank him for that if he ever reads this.

So now I have the urge to live in a fantasy world where there are nice elven princesses waiting to be kissed, battles to be fought (in which I charge the front line every time and still live), and no apparent drinking age. But alas it is but a dream.


God bless,
-Dustin

0 comments: